Capilano Suspension Bridge
In 1888, George Grant Mackay, a Scottish civil engineer and land developer, arrived in the young city of Vancouver in Canada. Mackay purchased 6,000 acres of dense forest on either side of Capilano River and built a cabin on the very edge of the canyon wall. The bridge, and Mackay's cabin, became a popular destination for adventurous friends, dubbed Capilano Tramps. After his death, the hemp rope bridge was replaced by a wire cable bridge in 1903.Capilano suspension bridge is located in North Vancouver, Canada. 800,000 tourists come each year to take a walk on the bridge.